Working in harmony
with Nature’s gifts of wind and tide,
|transporting our local goods|
- Creation of recreational sailboat acting as commercial insurance policy, including cargo coverage.
- Regulatory compliance with Coast Guard regulations and creation of permanent liaison with the USCG 13th District.
- Partnership with Pacific Northwest yacht designer Bob Perry, for the design of S/V Mercury, our planned sail cargo boat.
- Co-op membership application
- Skipper’s manual and route guidelines
- Prototype build of the scalable, open source Open Food Hub online marketplace
- Our first sail transport contract with local merchant (to be formally announced)
Wednesday evening, April 30th, 6 – 8 pm, Ballard Coffee Works Community Room
- Trip planning, Food Stamp (SNAP) acceptor status, and membership application review. Update on the first day of the Salish Sea Ecosystem Conference.
SAVE THE DATE for SEASON KICK OFF: Saturday afternoon, May 10th, 1 – 3 pm, Ballard Library Main Conference Room
Join us for snacks, coffee, tea and drinks. Agenda TBD, your feedback welcomed.
Our Facebook page, updated weekly, is the easiest way to get updates on your neighborhood sailors. We’ve set it to “public” so you don’t need a Facebook account–any ol’ browser should do. Thanks for visiting and your interest in small-scale community sail transport!
“They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters…”